Inside SINA

"Decency today means morality tomorrow"

"A nude horse is a rude horse"

I am a lifetime member of The Society for Indecency to Naked Animals a satiric hoax created by comedian Alan Abel. I forgot about this until I was rummaging through some of my MAD magazines from the 1960s. There I found the official SINA publication which is full of articles, photos, animal clothing patterns. decency summons and other silliness.

SINA President G. Clifford Prout was played by actor/director Buck Henry of Saturday Night Live fame. 

The leaflet is the SINA's most potent weapon

My official membership card. However the organization's name is confusing. Doesn't it imply being indecent TO naked animals?

My official copy

Everybody sing

This was published in 1963 when animal clothing needed to be created by hand. Now many clothing items are available online such as this cute doggy snowsuit.

More patterns

President G Clifford Prout with bloomers for an elephant

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)