Faces in a Tree

In June of 2012 we were visiting relatives on Vancouver Island. Rather than take inland route, we opted to take the Black Ball Ferry that leaves from Port Angeles in Washington State.

I didn't realize it at the time but in June there was a reduced schedule. As a result we had a layover time of several hours. After lunch my wife opted to nap in the car, but I ventured out camera in hand to see what Port Angeles offered for photographic subjects

After watching monster machines move logs around as if they were toothpicks I discovered that the town had a street art exhibit.The Chamber of Commerce supplied a map and I took the tour. One of the sculptures was a large tree with attached faces. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole piece but the faces were intriguing , especially the leaf face with leaf eyebrows. Unfortunately I forgot to keep the map that listed the works so I cannot credit the sculptors.

I should explain why I'm posting photos taken 4 years ago. I've been re-watching the entire X-Files series on Netflix and it is making me nostalgic about the Pacific Northwest. Most of the series was filmed in Vancouver, British Columbia. When it aired from 1993 to 2002, we didn't have cable and I would fiddle with an antenna in the attic stuggling to get a decent signal. It is a brand new experience to watch it on a large screen in high definition. Seeing Mulder and Scully running through dark damp industrial wastelands with their ridiculous flashlights is all I expect from a TV series.

X-Files ran for 9 seasons with a 10th being added in 2016.As a tribute I intend to dig into the archives, dust off a few 35mm slides and share them on this blog.

Street Art in Port Angles, Washington State

My favorite face on the tree, like the eyebrows

Faces in the tree

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)