Caturday (Analog Edition)

Saturday is Caturday


Saturday is Caturday, a time to post photos and videos of our feline companions. While reviewing some of my scanned slides and negatives I found this purr-fect collection to share.

Our old friend Mojo didn't mind being dressed up. He was a gentle soul who could actually play catch with corks

We had a black and white cat when we lived in an apartment in 1973. This cat was hit by a car and I now suspect he suffered from congenital sensorineural deafness which is common with blue eyed white cats.

In the Navy I was stationed in California. I spotted this guy in a flower bed.

In the 1960s my sister found a kitten which she called Andrew, Eventually that became Fat Andrew. Fat Andrew wasn't fat she was pregnant. Like all cats she did her best to disrupt any desktop activity I was involved with. In this photo I was working on a Linocut for a Christmas card.

My mom had a Siamese she named Abigail, a beautiful creature with deadly claws


Buster and Pickles. Buster couldn't catch a shadow, but Pickles was a hunter. I watched him eating a rabbit. Buster was a bully, but he respected Pickles who was a warrior.

Fat Andrew as a kitten? I discovered this film negative a box. Probably taken in the mid 1960s. Note the damage to the chair. If you have cats, you will never have anything nice.

UPDATE - 2/12/2022

I wasn't surprised when I found some additional cat photos in the boxes of slides. They need to be added to this posting.

Abigail with my mom

Abigail sits on my mom's knee. Notice how she uses her claws to stabilize herself, Photo taken in 1982

Emily in hammock

Emily relaxing in a hammock, reading a Garfield book. Our tail-less cat Mai Li keeps watch






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall