Dead Image Links

Update (01/06/2018)

Happy 2018, one of my New Year's resolutions is to  do a better job with my blogging efforts.  This blog has been in existence for over 11 years and I'm embarrassed to say many of the original 700+ postings were missing images, had broken links and trival content. I've done some serious pruning and deleted about 300 posts with more to review.

The image management has always been a issue on the blogger platform. The images in posts aren't stored directly but are linked to another location. It the address of that location changes, the reader is presented with a exclamation graphic (seen below). The actual location of the images has been a mystery until today when I found my Photos from Blogger albums. Each blog has it's own photo album and they are out of sync the photos will not be displayed properly. It is work in progress, thanks for reading.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> My Original Posting below<<<<<<<<<<<<<<


Good morning readers,

This blog will be 10 years old in December. Over that time I've added over 800 postings and most of those had embedded photos, at least I thought they did. Over time the underlying hosting addresses for the photos have changed and as a result it is not uncommon to find a post with an exclamation mark instead of a photo. It's embarrassing for me to know someone went to the effort to search my blog for something that interested them and instead found chaos.

As I find them, I will either fix them or delete them. Thanks for your continued readership and patronage. If you see a problem, please leave a comment and I'll do my best to correct it.

Dude, where is my Photo?





The Dreaded 404 error


Google's fault? - Feb 16, 2016






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)