The Prince Charles Canoe Club

In September of 2009, my wife's niece traveled from Nanaimo, British Columbia  to new Ipswich, New Hampshire to visit us. It was an epic coast to coast journey for them. I wanted to make sure that they visited the Atlantic Ocean so they could say that they traveled coast to coast, so after a New England lunch of lobster we headed over to Odiorne State Park in Rye, NH.

Paul took a dip in the Atlantic Ocean, something I would never do and the girls did some exploring. During the visit I asked about a vest that Paul was wearing that bore the title "Prince Charles Canoe Club". It was an interesting story about the queen and a young Prince Charles visiting Canada. Recently I found a video by Bill Seward describing the club.

At the end of the visit Paul gave me the vest as a parting gift. This is a detail of the embroidery.

Paul gave me his vest as a gift after he told me the story


Margie Robinson and family visiting New Hampshire in 2009
Paul Wyse-Seward at Odiorne State Park in New Hampshire. Paul took a dip in the cold Atlantic to complete his  ocean to ocean journey. 


Recently Paul and Angie became Grandparents when their daughter Brianna gave birth to a son. This photo was taken at Neck Point Park in Nanaimo, BC by photographer Janayh Wright)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)