Captain Video and his Sister

I spent a good amount of my youth watching TV, shows like Howdy-Doody, Sky King, Roy Rodgers and recycled cartoons from the 1920s (Farmer Al Falfa and his Terrytoon Pals).

But my favorite was a Space series called Captain Video and his Video Rangers.


I decided to built my own spaceship in the back yard, fitted my craft with a cockpit and a steering wheel. I believe I used clock faces as the instrumentation. I have no idea why it had a rope attached, perhaps that day it doubled as a boat.

My sister manned the spaceship as I did some rocket engine repair

TV Stars Don Hastings (left) and Al Hodge (right) 
Don't Panic
SpaceX Launch - Feb 6, 2018
I'm glad I actually get to see this in my lifetime



Looks remarkably like my 1950s prototype 

Seeing the vertical landing of the booster engineers was a scene taken out of every 1950s movie ever seen.

 www.poltrack.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)