Solar Eclipse 2017

I get very excited about astronomical phenomena. I remember walking out of a training class at Digital Equipment Corporation to watch the shadows of the leaves during the eclipse. The instructor didn't share my excitement.  We had a clear sky for this eclipse with wispy clouds, but only had about 60% coverage.

I used some binoculars to project the sun onto a piece of white poster board

I used some welders glass from a previous eclipse, which I believe is number 12, anything less is dangerous

It helps to actually use it

A kitchen colander acted like a pinhole camera

I built a pinhole viewer using my favorite seltzer flavor

The pinhole

It's small but it works




 www.poltrack.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)