The Gardens of New Ipswich

There are a number of gardeners in New Ipswich and after years of running the Garden Shop at the annual Children's Fair I've had the pleasure of visiting many gardens. Here a few recent photos taken of one of those gardens.

I didn't know that a Siberian Iris could have a pinkish hue.

Yellow Foxglove (most of mine are pink)

I love the shape and complexity of these flowers

This was my first opportunity to smell the fragrance of a mock orange

I'm fond of the Lady's Mantle as a ground cover. It is most interesting when drops of water bead on the leaves

Pinks (Dianthus) are named for the shape of the flowers, not the color. They appear to be cut with pinking shears.

White Bleeding Heart

The yellow flag grows in wet areas. I used to have these in my own garden but they died out. Next time I'll try for a wetter spot.

I was surprised to see a day lily this early in the season. Mine won't be out for weeks.

Interesting to see how these flower buds have changed color.

Not sure what this shrub is

Iris seen against the foliage of a Japanese Maple

Dianthus

"M" kept me company on my garden tour

Add caption

Yellow False Indigo

Tickseed

Gaillardia (Blanket Flower)

 www.poltrack.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)