Fall Foliage Art Tour - Roland Coates

The annual Fall Foliage Art Tour is held on Indigenous People's Day Weekend in the MonadnockRegion. This year two New Ipswich art galleries participated in the tour.

Roland Coates wrote "Over the past couple of years I have moved away from using watercolors to focusing on colored pencils. I am a realist and am fascinated with what I can do with them. The colors blend beautifully and more realistically than watercolors. I experience the subject coming alive at some point during my composition, which is very exciting.".
Roland works from photographs and many of his pieces feature recognizable locations such as this drawing of Barrett House on Main Street



I love the light in this drawing

Waterloom Pond in New Ipswich

Roland did this drawing from a photograph provided by Danielle Le Bris

This was a popular piece, Roland explained that he sold one of these at a show in Jaffrey

Translucent

Roland joked that he was a "Buddha-palian"

Liz Freeman is the gardener in the family, they had this perfect rose in front of the house


 www.poltrack.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)