All Electric

I almost titled this "Look What I Saw at the Transfer Station". On on our Saturday dump run which happens to be the eve of Earth Day, we saw an all-electric Nissan Leaf hauling an all-electric dryer.

I guess the lesson of this is that we can be green but we still generate trash. The good news is that the metal parts of the dryer were recycled in the metal dumpster. I'm impressed with the hauling capacity of this vehicle. Apparently it has a range of 107 miles with the 30 kWH battery. I don't know the range of the dryer.

The all-electric Nissan Leaf hauling an all-electric dryer to the the New Ipswich Transfer Station

I still refer to the Transfer Station as the dump because I remember the days when the dump was located on Page Hill Road. People would come with guns to shoot rats. I would pick up scraps of sailcloth material from Warwick Mills which I attempted to use to suppress weeds. It was different era and I pity the people's wells at the bottom of the hill. Having a transfer station is a good step, having a Green Center recycling program is a great step. Happy Earth Day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)