The Albro L Balch Sawmill

Among the photos in the New Ipswich Historical Society I found many references to the Balch Sawmill. It was located on Balch Pond which I have not been able to identify. It burned July 17, 1941


Albro L. Balch Mill

Check out the coat on Albert F. Mansfield (lower photo)

Albert F. Mansfield & Team

(Lower photo) The mill in the background is probably the Balch Mill. Members of the Blood family worked there.

Working at the Sawmill

(Lower Photo) Notes attached to this glass negative indicates that this is Balch's Mill. I can only guess that it is located on the left side out of the frame.

Balch's Mill

(Below) Logging team which I assume were bringing logs to the mill.

Logging Team

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)