Finding the perfect Christmas Tree

I grew up with fresh cut Christmas Trees and continued that tradition when my kids were young. We would go to a local farm and argue about which was the perfect tree until my feet got cold and I would cut something down. I had the room to grow my own so I purchased trees from the New Hampshire Extension Service. The trees were too small and sparse for Christmas Trees and were mocked by my kids. However they continued to grow in the 30 years since they were planted. I have a monster in my front yard that would put the one at the white house to shame. 

I decided several years ago to put up an artificial tree. I have enough house plants to water without dealing with a dead tree. Meanwhile the ones outside reach for the heavens. In 2012 I let my friends top one for their Christmas Tree. It has become an annual tradition for them on Dec 23 or 24th.

Catch of the day in 2012 - Parker & John

In 2013 it was a bit more seasonal with some snow

A beauty in 2014

2015 gave us a springtime temperatures for Christmas

2016 - John & Parker spot a good tree

2016

2017 in the freezing rain

 www.poltrack.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)