All Fall Down

I worked for Digital Equipment Corporation in Westminster, MA from 1973 - 1985.  I didn't mind the half hour commute on the back roads with the exception of the winters storms.

On the route was the Winnekeag Club, a bar and pizza place that had a dance floor.  I remember stopping there when it was a second hand shop.

Now that I'm retired I find myself taking the same commute for exercise classes at the community college in Gardner, MA.  I drive past the now deserted Club, which has partially collapsed.  A victim of time and neglect.

Here is a fun fact about the bar, it was owned by the father of trick shooter and accordion player Gibby Lashua. Watch his video on YouTube.


Half of the building has collapsed

Needs some paint

Welcome

Doesn't look too bad from this side

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)