Goodbye Olympus E-3

I find it hard to let go of things. In 2008 I spent quite a bit of money to buy the top of the line Digital SLR from Olympus. I opted to get their excellent 14-54 mm lens. I took 13,115 photos from 2008 to 2015, but now the camera is gathering dust.

Olympus discontinued the 4/3 format and moved to a MICRO 4/3 format. This move probably saved the company. The lens and cameras became smaller and lighter. They moved into a new niche, the mirrorless camera. This is what I use now as the E-3 sits in a closet. 

The E-3 weighed in at 3 pounds with the lens. Because it is optical it lacks some of the advantages of the mirrorless, such as magnified view and focus peaking. It had a 10 megapixel sensor which seems quaint today. The images were stored on Compact Flash or XD cards.I question whether the image stabilization even worked, Still I got some nice photos from this and I wish it well as I send it off to KEH for resale.


Paris the Cat - Jan 10, 2008
Taken with the E-3
I use this image as an avatar
Featuring the E-3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)