Look What I Saw in New Ipswich

I often think how lucky I am to live in such a beautiful place. I took the opportunity over the last couple of days to visit friends and walk along trails that they have created on their properties. The biggest treat for me was seeing the damsel flies cavorting on rocks and plants near the Souhegan River. All these photos were taken in Smithville, New Ipswich.

It only makes sense that a bus that traveled to the Burning Man Festival would end up in a field in New Ipswich. Photo taken with an infrared filter (because I can).
I spent a fair amount of time at "Kelly Cove" watching Damselflies cavort in the sun. 
Great signage Mary Kelly-Ciancetta



I wanted to take a trail to Caribou Farm but it was too chaotic
I spotted this on another trail on a friend's property, Some familiar names.

I spotted lots of nice bracket fungi

A
A Fungus among us

Gills

Interesting trail marker

Hiking on one of the many trails on the Dudley Property
Such beautiful creatures

Damselflies are smaller than  dragnonflies

Usually damselflies wings are folded when resting. I captured this one. These creatures were around when dinosaurs ruled the earth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)