Mount Wachusetts Community College

I am an advocate for Community Colleges. I attended Norwalk State Technical College which morphed into Norwalk Community College. I obtained an Associate Degree in Electronics from Norwalk Tech in 1968 which proved to be a boon when I joined the Navy. Because I knew electronics I was sent to school for a year instead of chipping paint on a ship. After the Navy I returned to Norwalk Tech to study computer programming which landed me a job with Digital Equipment Corporation. If you want to earn a living ATTEND A COMMUNITY COLLEGE.

While working for Digital I learned they would pay something for schooling ao I went for my third Associate Degree in "General Studies" at Mount Wachusetts Community College. The GI bill also gave me some money for school. This was a great curriculum, all elective subjects. I studied Nude Figure Painting, Making Things Grow (Botany), Psychology of Self (We had a hypnosis demo), Pottery, Psychology of Death and Dying based on writings of  Kübler-Ross (field trip to a funeral parlor)  and Nuts and Bolts in Contemporary Society (Home Repair).

I used to swim in their pool before class and now in retirement I have returned to my Alma Mater because my insurance pays for my membership in "Silver Sneakers". The Campus is beautiful and I capture some images using a converted IR camera.

Great Pool about 83 degrees F. Always manage to get my own lane.

Tree - IR 790 nm filter

Entrance to Fitness Center

Lone Tree

Science Center

IR brings out the clouds

Science Center

Greenhouse

The Mount

Art Center

Welcome

Wind Turbines

Wind Power

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)