June Blooms

This is a great time to take a stroll around New Ipswich and see what is blooming. June is a great time for plants, the pests haven't done their damage yet, with the exception of the Viburnum Leaf Beetle.

As soon as my Miss Kim Lilac bloomed an Eastern Tiger Swallowtail arrived. I love the scent of this flower.

This year I bought a Hydrangea from Mason Brook Nursery variety "Endless Summer". It is off to a good start with lots of blossoms.

As an added treat a dragonfly visited the bloom

The Rosa rugosa are in bloom right now

In the woods in my backyard I found some Mayapples in bloom.

These plants are poisonous including the unripe fruit. Supposedly when ripe it is eatable in small amounts. I'm not going to try them.

I regret that I made the mistake of planting  a Chinese Fringe Tree in the woods. It deserves to be in the middle of the yard. The flowers are fragrant.

Another view of the tree

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)