Porcupine

I carry a camera everyday when I take my morning walk. This morning I saw a deer near the Smithville Reservoir but  I missed the shot. When I returned home I saw a patch of brown in a black locust tree in my driveway.  At first I thought it might be a bird nest but when it moved I realized it was a porcupine, chewing on the leaves.  I don't know the gender and I wasn't going to check so I refer to "him" as "Spike". A cute thing and I hope he sticks to locust leaves and ignores the garden.

Porcupines are the bane of dog owners, but look at that face.

Cute. but I wouldn't want to pet him

The porcupine spent quite a bit of time just sitting in the tree

He really seemed to like the black locust leaves

Breakfast in my driveway

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)