A Look Back at the Village Cemetery

The most common question I receive about my postings of archival photos is the physical location of the subject in the photo. In most cases I rely on notes written on the back of the photos or comments from folks who read the blog, but in this case I walked around till I spotted the matching location at Village Cemetery.

The first photo was taken on July 3, 2016 of a family plot on the hill overlooking the pond. I was looking for the tall monument that I had seen in one of the scanned plate glass negatives taken over 100 years ago (second photo). When I found a match I attempted to take a photo with the same perspective.

Village Cemetery July 3, 2016
Added a bit of post processing to capture the mood
Scanned plate glass negative
NIHS 2015-07-006 Village Cemetery)
Approx 100 years earlier
One portion of the decorative ironwork fell over and became part of the lawn (compare first two photos)
Photo July 3, 2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)