Leon R. Willard, New Ipswich Photographer

New Ipswich Winter
Intersection of Turnpike & Main
NIHS catalog 92.151
Photographer Leon R. Willard

In the process of scanning some of these older photographs in the New Ipswich Historical Society collection I keep seeing the name Leon R. Willard, Photographer, New Ipswich, NH. I wonder what he would thought of digital cameras, smart phones and Instagram.

His name was stamped on this photo of Manley house. This residence is not as elegant as the others he has photographed. What is going on with those piles of wood? Why would anyone build a house in New Ipswich with a roof that was nearly flat?

I assume Leon was paid for the photograph, but maybe he just was interested in the structure because it was different. I wish I knew the answer.

Manley House - NIHS catalog 92.318
Many of the photos have Leon's name stamped on the back



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)