The Lost Negatives - Navy Barracks

While I was sorting through my collection of slides and photos I came across a number of B&W negatives which I forgotten about. Mostly I shot color slides but occasionally I would grab a roll of B&W film to create a mood. 

Scanning these negative reminded me of why I don't miss shooting with film. Dust, scratches and  hairs show up as white blotches in the scan. Some but not all can be fixed in Photoshop but it is tedious work.

I think of the blemishes as I do the scratches and pops on vinyl records, it is part of the charm of the analog world. 

The negative were kept in plastic sleeves but still managed to be dust magnets

I was sent to the Naval Air Technical Training Center in Millington, TN. I wish had written a journal (or blog) at the time about all the folks that I had met such as this guy who willingly posed for this photo. This photo was taken in the barracks on the base.

I can't believe I was this young. My haircut was legal and we were allowed to grow a mustache, but in 1968 I want to be hipper than this.
When you have a camera you shoot for composition. I have no idea who this is. Maybe someday he'll find this blog and leave a comment. He is not drunk, just catching a nap. It was not easy sleep in the barracks, an open room with bunk beds and at least one marathon snorer.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)