RIP Ray Thomas

How sad to start the year with the passing of another musician. Ray Thomas, founding member of the Moody Blues died on Jan 4, 2018 at the age of 76.

I've lost count of the number of times I've played my Moody Blues albums especially A Question of Balance and In Search of the Lost Chord. They had a song called I'm Just A Singer (In A Rock and Roll Band) but in reality this was no ordinary Rock and Roll Band. The albums didn't really have tracks, the songs would blend into each other around a common theme. The music was a mix of rock, jazz, classical and recitation. With Mike Pinder playing the mellotron and Ray playing the flute, the music is so unique.

And to name this chord is important to some
So they give it name
And the name is OM

I like to think that Ray is on the outside looking in


 Visit my website poltrack.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)