SWAG (Stuff We All Get)

I worked in the computer industry for over 40 years. In that time I've been to many trade shows, seminars, product release parties and anniversary events. Each of these events included handing out mementos, usually t-shirts or ball caps. I'm sure this common for any industry. The term for this booty is SWAG which stands for "Stuff We All Get". Here are a few of my favorite items.

I have many work coffee mugs but my favorite is the one from Digital's PDP 11/60 Engineering team. It the only one which features a cartoon of the product

The DEC Suicide Kit - We had a company dinner after they closed manufacturing in Westminster, MA. Many of us weren't sure whether we could find another job. They handed out this item which included a pen, notepad and knife. It didn't take long to realize it was meant as a hint to end it all. 

When DEC was making the big $$ they took us on a cruise of Boston Harbor, with a salmon dinner and a DJ. We also got a great sweatshirt which I still wear.

I forget if this was for my 5 years anniversary, a Gerber knife no less. They would glue a logo of the clock tower on these.

In Marlboro Mass they had an entire showcase of SWAG, Not seen is the Alta-Vista Blimp (became Mozilla) which actually flew via remote control.

Of course buttons were always given

Visit my website poltrack.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I've Moved On

Snow Squall

Caturday (Analog Edition)